Sister Jessalyn Harrison

Sister Jessalyn Harrison
write me @ jessalyn.harrison@myldsmail.net

Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Nov 4...moving on out!

Transfers always make things super confusing! But this one seemed even extra hectic with everything that was going on..... but let me tell you about my week
MONDAY- it was our last pday together as a district and a zone.... it was fun... we won a blender.. I think I talked about this last week but just incase... then we had dinner at Ed's for the last time, he made us a really nice meal and it was sweet. Sheryll asked for my favorite color and made me a toque and a scarf.....they are a light yellow and super cute! Such a nice family...I gave them the house number so if they randomly call sorry I just wanted to be able to stay in touch with them afterwards... like forever! 
TUESDAY- We had a marriage lesson today... it was interesting, it was so good that they know that we love them because if not that would have been really awkward... they agreed to pray to see if they should get married so my fingers are crossed from here!  
WEDNESDAY- i'm pretty sure the Thompson elders got into town,... spent the day with our elders, we had ward correlation and we had dinner with the Van wyks... who were then nice enough to get permission to take us out of our area and get my boots fixed, which I am really appreciating today as it is snowing outside... :) 
THURSDAY- Today was transfer day, our day that was suppose to start out good ended weird and just got more frustrating from there...too many people, not enough work being done, and it was halloween so we kept seeing fun costumes, i decided to dress up as an angel, wait i'm an angel every day!!!!! no but really its been fun! then we did a Book of Mormon challenge as sisters,.... there are 27 books of Mormon with a sisters testimony written in it all around Winnipeg...Super fun. then we did some service projects and ate sandwiches. We had a sleep over at the ysa sisters apartment that night. It was just a fun day! 
FRIDAY- Friday was sisters conference and it was so inspiring, but before i get to the inspiring stuff here is some of the crazy stuff we did. we had an exercise portion, we ate soup, we also had a testimony meeting followed by a pillow case and bed time story... super cute... 
We also had a portion on finding, talents, stars, and just improving ourselves! super inspirational!
SATURDAY- we drove.... all day... to Saskatoon..but I got to be with sister Elkins until Regina that was fun.. then we went to a ysa activity
SUNDAY- I met lots of people, don't remember any names and had a lot of fun then we had a good ces fireside about Will.... i would suggest everyone watch it... so good! 
MONDAY- is today... it snowed... got to see president.... loving life.... all is well in Saskatoon!
love you all!
 
 
I asked jessalyn about a letter she received from an past YW president who had them write a letter to themselves for 5 years in the future
Jessalyn...L*** called asking for your address so she could send you a letter you wrote yourself 5 years ago she got from L***. Wondering if you've got that letter yet and if it was a self revealing experience.?
..last week you said something about preparing for a sisters conference...but then you got your transfer call. Did you get to participate before you travelled west?
 
 
Yes I got my letter... apparently i wanted to be married, in dental school, and some other stuff.... obviously i was wrong but its not bad. I'm doing some pretty neat things instead. I am serving in Saskatoon on a mission, i am getting close to be done with my schooling for physical therapy, and I'm a pretty happy spiritual person so thats good. It was really really weird to get a letter from myself though, not something i expected on my mission. :)
Yes i still got to participate in sisters conference.... every sister in the mission (there is 27 of us now) were in Winnipeg for 48 hours, it was incredible. I got to do a portion or talk on talents and it was fun, i even made cute little hand outs for everyone. Sister Thomas is actually down the hall from my right now... they had to come to Saskatoon too for some meetings and she said she is working on posting pictures, i want to try to add some too!!!!! it was really fun
Sister Hutchinson went to open up international falls with sister Christensen.... so they are both in the states again, that was weird but im super excited for them! 
Sister Ashley Meservy is from Alberta, from Mountain View! She knows  Tyson...weird in fact a lot of sisters in this mission know Tyson..... hmmm.... She is super into basketball and we get along pretty well... we have really only had one day where it has just been us so that's not much to judge off of but i like her a lot i think its going to be a fun transfer! she owns a waterbuffalo farm and likes to horseback... we are already making plans to meet up in  Waterton... Waterton trips are going to be like mission reunions for me its so great! I love you...
 
 
With Sister Elkins who travelled west with her

Jessalyn's A team district in Winnipeg

with Sister Rush and all her trainees
 

No comments:

Post a Comment