Sister Jessalyn Harrison

Sister Jessalyn Harrison
write me @ jessalyn.harrison@myldsmail.net

Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Jun 16...bigger than utah

I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH! sad i missed the baby blessing this week but i know i am where i need to be. 

Monday: For pday activity we played Risk again, and I dominated the world again! I love proving people wrong when they tell me I can't do something! Then we went to the YSA fhe and they did an incredible thought on scripture study. My favorite was when they shared Jacob 2:8  And it supposeth me that they have come up hither to hear the pleasing word of God, yea, the word which healeth the wounded soul. It was really what i needed to hear that day. It really made me happy to know that just reading the scriptures could heal a wounded soul. I am so glad that even though i am a missionary god still looks out for me and cares for me. Then we went and saw a less active who has the cutest five year old in the WORLD! On monday though he was acting a little bit more like a terrible five year old but thats okay, kids can do that. He didnt want to finish his food so his mom told him to finish it and it would help him grow chest hairs haha. So things to learn about parenthood, crust makes chest hair grow. haha!
Tuesday: we had district meeting and this week instead of KD party we had a perogie party. Decided to go a little bit more creative haha... not really but it tasted good. While we were eating (since we just make food at the church to save money) we played apples to apples. haha so funny and apparently your cards are what make up who you are. So i am lazy and unhealthy but its okay im feminine. :) Then we went and volunteered at the humane society again. My dog i got didnt like other dogs at all. So i spent most of the hour alone, with in sight and sound of course but off in my own world and it was weird to have that quiet time to think. It gave me time to just look at the green around me and just love what i saw, it also gave Sister du Plessis time to get covered in dog hair... LITERALLY COVERED! she had to go home and shower after that. I also got to do my first skype lesson. I got to skype with some less active girls from winnipeg that i use to work with when i lived there and it was so much fun to be able to see them again. We had a lesson on prayer and we even got them to agree to meet with missionaries in the area! it was super good!
Wednesday: As we volunteered at the foodbank some good country music came on! TENDER MERCIES OF THE LORD! It was so nice! Then we had a lesson with a part member family we are working with. We are trying to get the son baptized! So we decided to stick with the scripture power theme that is going on right now. We talked about the importance of scripture power by me SLAMMING A CAN ON MY HAND. Yep really did that, in fact in companionship study i practised it and i did it wrong and thought i broke my finger. but i didnt and was able to still smash it during the lesson so all is well. 
Thursday: Thursday was soo good! We had a lesson with an investigator who is hopefully getting baptized on july 5 about a loving heavenly father. There is a scripture in 1 Nephi 11:17 that talks about how he doesnt know the meaning of all things but he knows that god loves his children. As a missionary i feel that way a lot. I dont know the meaning of all things but i KNOW THAT GOD LOVES HIS CHILDREN. We also had two investigators from africa pray this week. They are thirteen and eleven and apparently its a big deal I am so excited to have been able to be there for that. Oh and you need to check out the new book of mormons they are making. They are putting captions on pictures and dates in chapter headings.. .its fantastic. 
Friday: friday was a full moon and it was friday the thirteenth, so we were so expecting CRAZY THINGS TO HAPPEN and did they. NO! We had a district pow wow on friday and it went really good! We realized we need to work better with the members but have NO IDEA how to do it. So we set some goals made some plans and now we are gonna get work done! Then we went and did icecream. We are also trying to find someone who speaks niranda so if you know anyone please let us know! We asked sister menlove about it and her response was, give me a second let me call the congo. haha sister menlove is the best! 
Saturday: During our service project this week we had to work with chemicals and mold. it was gross and it made me feel sick. we had a scone party with a member and the elders. It was super fun! then we went and had chinese food with a member. it just was all in all a good day! Question how do you help shy people get over being shy? 
Sunday: We did wake up calls again sunday morning. Sister du Plessis left the stick at home this time though. but they worked because we saw three investigators at church! Then we went with the elders to give sacrament to a lady in the hospital. She reminds me a lot of corrette and it makes me really happy to go see her each week. But i think they best note from the week was did you wish heavenly father a happy fathers day! I am so grateful for a heavenly father who loves me and is patient with me... I am also grateful for my dad! LOVE YOU DADDY!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment