Sister Jessalyn Harrison

Sister Jessalyn Harrison
write me @ jessalyn.harrison@myldsmail.net

Monday, June 30, 2014

Jun 30...feast upon the words of Christ

So this week I have had a fascination with the Book of Mormon. Its what I have been using to keep me diligent and desirous to keep going because I am getting super tired. So I am going to share experiences this week with some of the scriptures that I was able to read and relate to what I am doing! They won't be in order of what actually happened this week, sorry thoughts and days are kind of jumbled this week haha!

1 Nephi 1:1"I, Nephi, having been born of goodly parents"
This week I am so grateful for my family, for my parents, and for the things they have taught me. Some days get really hard when i just want to go home and see the people i love so much but I hope my family knows that THEY are what keeps me going out here! YOU ARE EVERYTHING TO ME! I am so proud to be Sister Harrison to literally represent my family through that name!!!!! This week I got a blessing, which I'm sure I will bring up more later, but Heavenly Father reminded me of the love of my family and I am just so grateful that they are stuck with me for eternity! 

1 Nephi 1:20 "... the tender mercies of the Lord are over all those whom he hath chosen, because of their faith, to make them mighty even unto the power of deliverance."
Now its time to tell you about the bug, the bug that saved our lives. I think the best way to describe this is by using the conversation my companion had with her mom.
Sister du Plessis:
We were driving and I was stopped at a light. Then the light turned
green, so I started to drive again, then this MASSIVE beetle landed on
the windshield and I didn't know if it was inside or outside, and
Sister Harrsion let out the most gut-wrenching scream I have ever
heard, so I was really confused and braked. And just as I started to
drive again this huge truck sped through the red light and missed us
by like three centimeters. This all happened within a couple of
seconds and afterwards I had to pull over to calm myself down. God is
good.
Her moms response:
Oh my flipping goodness!! God moves in mysterious ways and really
protects his soldiers. HOLY COW. I cant believe it.  All hail the bug.
My comments on that:
I agree with her mom... ALL HAIL THE BUG!

1 Nephi 11:17 "And I said unto him: i know that he loveth his children; nevertheless, I do not know the meaning of all things."
So this week there was a lot of built up tension in our district! In each of our individual lives there have been a lot of things that we have all been bottling up and it was starting to get to the point where we were taking it out on each other. So we spent time doing a district inventory. Each week as a companionship we do an inventory where we talk about goals, strengths, and struggles so we decided it was about time to do this as a district. It was REALLY incredible. At first everyone was defensive, no one wanted to talk, and we weren't getting anywhere but then something happened in the room and we each took turns talking and the love that was in that room when we left was incredible! I seriously LOVE these elders, and my companion so much! they are INCREDIBLE and i am so grateful that i get to spend this time learning from them. At first we didn't understand why God would put us all together, but i guess just like Nephi we didn't know the meaning of all things but now we really know that God loves us, and that we love each other. 

1 Nephi 16:21, 23 "Now it came to pass that I, Nephi, having been afflicted with my brethren because of the loss of my bow, and their bows having lost their springs, it began to be exceedingly difficult, yea, insomuch that we could obtain no food...And it came to pass that I, Nephi, did make out of wood a bow, and out of a straight stick, an arrow; wherefore, I did arm myself with a bow and an arrow, with a sling and with stones. And I said unto my father: Whither shall I go to obtain food?"
So this week there were a couple of things that dealt with illnesses so i thought this scripture fit it pretty well since both me and sister bronson are just continuing forward. So we had exchanges with the sister training leaders this week and I got to go with sister bronson. It was weird we haven't spent more than a couple of hours in the same room with each other since the mtc so it was interesting being her companion for 24 hours. Well on the morning of our exchange she got sick so we took her to the medi-clinic and three hours later we have the pills that are needed and we had a lot of time to just talk which was nice! and she is such a trooper.. she didnt want to give up, she wanted to keep working, but unfortunately her pills make her drowsy so we took her home and put her to bed. But just like Nephi she kept going the thought of being sick didnt stop her and she always wants to fulfill her purpose! it was an incredible example to me. Then you have me. I had little bit of a shaking scare after a dinner appointment with a member one night and I got a blessing for it because I was literally vibrating (it was kind of funny) but during the blessing i was promised that I would be healed according to my faith and my willingness to do what i know i need to do! I am grateful for Nephi's example and I am also grateful for priesthood blessings. Now we can ask the question where do you want us to go!?

I love being a missionary! I love the Book of Mormon! and I am learning to LOVE Prince Albert!


No comments:

Post a Comment